HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 

*EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orange

PostSubject: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Thu 03 Nov 2011, 15:38

Download the mac client here:

http://www.jk2.ouned.de/jk2mf/files/jk2mf-clientside-mac.zip

Here are the requirement for JK2MF (on mac) :

1. a Mac
  2. JK2 application coming from the 'appstore' (so I guess no torrent app.)
  3. Your mac has to be working with an Intel processor
  4. OSX Loepard (10.6) or Lion(10.7)

Now after downloading the Mac client, unzip the file and put the program 'JK2MF' in your 'Application' folder.

Finally to play with JK2MF (you need it to enter the [LOL] server) click on the JK2MF app that should be in your application folder. The game should begin normally.

If you have any question or suggestions, don't be shy. Wink [b]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Thu 03 Nov 2011, 17:17

For windows (all versions)

Download the jk2mf windows client here:

http://jk2.ouned.de/jk2mf/files/jk2mf-clientside-win.zip

Unzip the file and then copy and paste the *dll* file into your gamdata
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData.

Start jk2
Disable EAX ingame (if its on it wont work!)

If you dont have this file in your gamedata you cant join the server ingame.

Last edited by Aura-Z on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 17:05; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kovak007

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Thu 03 Nov 2011, 23:22

Thanks, but why post *Anti-Cheat*? does that mean official servers only work this way??? i don' get it.....

jk2mf is on free base, its not nessecarily used on servers. USually most servers run some standard mod like DS online or ACademy without jk2mf, or any fix for that matter. But its all in testphase still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kovak007

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Thu 03 Nov 2011, 23:52

Ok, i cannot get to it.... It is a .zip download, and my mac has "issues" with those. could someone send me them? From an E-mail will work and I don't know why....

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Fri 04 Nov 2011, 00:22

Kovak007 wrote:
Ok, i cannot get to it.... It is a .zip download, and my mac has "issues" with those. could someone send me them? From an E-mail will work and I don't know why....

thanks

Give me your msn / yahoo / skype and ill send you the unzipped mac file
Send me a pm here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MasterBlaster

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Fri 04 Nov 2011, 11:01

Great job ouned, and everyone who worked on this mod. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeuS

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Fri 04 Nov 2011, 17:44

EAX on sucks anyway (gamecrash only reboot helps) so disable it ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Sat 05 Nov 2011, 02:51

don't forget to put EAX (eax sound system) off.

InfeCt

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Sun 06 Nov 2011, 21:17

This mod will kill popularity

Download my skin HERE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 13:09

InfeCt wrote:

Yes, its very hard to download 1 file in 2011. And ks/jk2 bot & only bespin 24/7 is better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marlboro

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 17:44

Aura-Z wrote:
InfeCt wrote:

Yes, its very hard to download 1 file in 2011. And ks/jk2 bot & only bespin 24/7 is better.

I dont agree with Infect, that it will kill the servers popularity (or number of visitors). But the example that i posted in Paypoh-Aura thread shows, that we should keep our eyes on that.

marlboro wrote:
We had the option of antiscript some years ago already. When ds-online came out, it had script/cheat protection. Everyone was exicited about it. The reason why it failed was because of the clientside plugin. When we enabled the antiscript on ds, people were forced the download the ds-clientside plugin in order to connect to our server. Some downloaded it, a small part asked how to download it, but the most players just connected to a different server. Newbies or others who didnt know what to do when the error message "download the plugin" came up. The message explained step-by-step what you had to do to download the plugin. But still, we lost like 70% of players to other servers. After that we disabled the antiscript protection.

So in order to make jk2mf a success, even newbies, people who cant use the console and even people who cant read (lol) have to be able to connect to our server. Thats the only wish or demand i have regarding jk2mf (or any other antiscript protection)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ouned

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 19:13

This is a real problem.
But JK2MF has some advantages to any other cheat protection which has been created so far.

1) JK2MF works together with existing mods. (No matter if it's DS-Online, DCMod, JA, base, ...)
So admins don't need to disclaim anything.
I don't think people like Daggolin would ever use it if it was a "normal" mod.
2) Fast Auto downloads ( This is a serious reason for clients & hosters to use it, even if anticheat is not what the want/need )
3) It's already running on the (in my opinion) fundamental servers in JK2.
[LOL] Server (most popular FFA Server), [united] Coruscant (the only left place for CTF players) and the [DARK] Server which is known for it's mod epicness. lol.
4) It's working for Mac players
5) This is no two week then drop project. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orange

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 19:49

I have to agree with ouned on this one. Even if I'm not fan of the "download the clientside process" I did it and it's not harder than downloading a skin... It has however Two enormous advantages for me as a normal player:

-the anticheat which is nice because you know that you have "fairly" received a kick in the face and you don't have this ambiguity of "is he using a script or not...?"
-The fast auto-download : when I first came on lol server (befor JK2MF) I had to auto-download the map bespin in order to enter, the files was literally 2MB large it took me 5 min (around 1KB/s) and I had a good connection, now I could download yesterday one of the new maps (i don't remember the name) that we tested on the server and the 30 MB where loaded in 30 sec so thats a major improvment.

So I general I think that JK2MF is a little pain for a great pleasure.

And malboro I think that when you don't Have the clientside you can still go on the server as a spec and speak to people so if newbies arrive they are not alone and can still ask what "download" Means Smile

Thx ouned once again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marlboro

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 21:06

Orange wrote:
[..]
And malboro I think that when you don't Have the clientside you can still go on the server as a spec and speak to people so if newbies arrive they are not alone and can still ask what "download" Means Smile
Yes i figured it would be like in league-mod. Lets just hope people will ask for help rather than just disconnect right away.

ouned wrote:
This is a real problem.
Not sure if this is an answer to my previous post. If it is, this is my answer: In fact it's the only problem i can see. But we'll just have to see if the number of visitors (especially of new jk2 players) will drop or not.

Is it possible to make the dll downloadable via autodownload?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 03:02

Well, i agree with the new players and all, if it turns out to BE a problem we can turn it off. Or someone must come with another solution (there always are). But for now i dont see any reason. Iam glad to help everyone out who is new and pr0 and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marlboro

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 13:00

What does that pk3 file do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MasterBlaster

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 13:02

Somehow, it makes your client side be recocnized and you can play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marlboro

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 14:09

Ah ok, you dont know :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 16:06

MasterBlaster wrote:
Somehow, it makes your client side be recocnized and you can play.

If it works, i tried yesterday and rose still couldnt join , but i most likely send the wrong file.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MasterBlaster

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 19:03

marlboro wrote:
Ah ok, you dont know Razz
I just dont want to confuse you with big words Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 21:03

It is not needed anymore, everyone who connects will download the file needed and its put in the academy directory automaticly. This should solve most of the "not allowed QMV" (cant join ingame) problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MasterBlaster

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:37

Aura-Z wrote:
It is not needed anymore, everyone who connects will download the file needed and its put in the academy directory automaticly. This should solve most of the "not allowed QMV" (cant join ingame) problems.
Now, only thing left for Rose is to come by on server Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   Tue 15 Nov 2011, 17:58

MasterBlaster wrote:
Aura-Z wrote:
Now, only thing left for Rose is to come by on server Smile

Yea and if she cant connect , she has to delete her academy folder and restart jk2 ---> join server.

Like incubo posted. She has mods loaded, or modified files somehow. Can be anything from regular stuff to cheats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac   

Back to top Go down

*EXPLANATION* how to install jk2mf for ---> windows and mac
Page 1 of 1