Share | 

hrmmm.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kara

PostSubject: hrmmm.....   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 14:02

hey guys Wink

never thought LOL would last this long.. after all what happened in the past ..
and why is "Kara" already in use in this forum? Is somebody saving my name to prevent my return? :>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormix

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 14:20

sup son

Kara is a comon nickname ^_^ deal with it

wb/cu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 14:39

I'k asking because there is no "Kara" in the forum memberdatabase
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormix

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 14:56

I changed it. It is "Kara" now.

Like you wanted.

bb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 15:02

Thx.. i feel more original now :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 16:16

Who are you ? You mail seems different. Wich nicknames did you use in the past?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 17:01

yeah.. my email changed.. the old one is full of spam. but i still know the password if you want to verify that -.-
why are you asking for my nicknames? you want a proof that i'm the real kara? Very Happy
kara, karaganda, sometimes knubbel. changed from karaganda to kara 'cause karaganda was too long for the [RH] right hand and later [AL] assistant leader tag in my opinion...
smilla, spyro, sepp, major, me and some more which names i can't remember right know left LOL 'cause we had some trouble with somebody in the clan...
and i also remember you aura.. you were tinas "special friend" .. or in other words.. one of the most annoying guys which company we "enjoyed" Very Happy
is that enough for proof? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aura-Z

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 22:06

naw i remember you know. Tx for the explanation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepp

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Mon 20 Aug 2012, 15:41

Oh Lidlschlampe Karaganda has returned Smile Write me a mail: lol_sepp@yahoo.com

I'm still using it *g*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Mon 20 Aug 2012, 18:17

lidlschlampe? O_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepp

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Mon 20 Aug 2012, 23:16

Can't remember? Smile There was a certain day when we were joking around with your name. Apparently it's been too long *g*

What games are you playing now? I came to play Biosfear and War of Galaxy for a long time because of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Tue 21 Aug 2012, 08:52

I played WoW for several years and Diablo 3. Right now I'm not playing any online game. I'm working six days a week so there's not much time left for gaming.

And why the f*ck are we talking in english? ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormix

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Tue 21 Aug 2012, 14:06

Because it's an european forum. not a german one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lol_nightshade

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Tue 21 Aug 2012, 18:00

like! (always thought it was sooooo annoying back in the days when whole topics became german)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepp

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Tue 21 Aug 2012, 18:12

Yep, I know what you mean Nightshade... it's really annoying. And nowadays we people shouldn't have much problem with talking in English.

@Kara: I played WoW too. After I had left JK2, I started playing WoW in 2005 until Cataclysm came out. I've also been playing D3 recently. Starting October, I will be busy with studying so there won't be much time left for gaming.

Maybe I'm gonna try out Guild Wars 2, but idk yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormix

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Tue 21 Aug 2012, 18:48

Guild Wars 2 gonna be legend.. wait for it.. DARY !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Tue 21 Aug 2012, 20:47

ok guys.. you are right. forgive my rudeness.
back in our days i was forced to translate every thread to english.

Aren't we almost the same age sepp? What have you been doing lately when you are going to study in october?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepp

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Tue 21 Aug 2012, 21:57

I have completed my bachelor studies which I started in 2008 and am now continuing with the masters degree until 2014. I'm seriously trying to get into the games industry as a game designer / producer. The past two years I've been realizing a SC2 mod project which has become quite famous. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the work on it due to RL issues. Before that, I created some WoW tutorial movies for arcane mages (around the Ulduar-ICC time in wotlk) and put them on YouTube.

All these things have made me enjoying the creative work for gamers and I'd love to create concepts for my own games someday. The way is long and exhausting, but it's possible.

What have you been up to all the time, Kara?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 22 Aug 2012, 01:22

I became the classic Computershop Tech Guy Wink
Key Account Management, Field Service and so on...
I'm really thinking about studying computer engineering.. but the math part is really challenging.. and that for I'm not sure if studying is the right decision for me. all computer science studies are like: brain off - use math - finish - brain on :\
I'm going to do a little java this year. maybe it will affect my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepp

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 22 Aug 2012, 02:00

Sounds good. I can only encourage you with this... studying computer science or computer engineering enables you to boost your career! Yes, the maths is hard, it's really challenging, but it's all about your engagement... if you have the motivation, go for it.. it's probably one of the best things you can do today Smile

Btw. I started programming with Java too because I will need it for my studies... it's fun! When you have finished your first applications, you will gain a lot of motivation to learn further details of it... and using math is something you do often, but studying it is a thing you do only once. If you have the knowledge, you can use it as much as you want without worrying about it anymore Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Wed 22 Aug 2012, 08:29

My boss is going to retire in two or three years. but it's also possible that he will just work less than now. i got time till then to make my decision. maybe i will switch to our field service. they are independent from the shop and i dont worry about my future as long as they are doing field services for TÜV Rheinland and some more companies like that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
incubo.

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Thu 23 Aug 2012, 14:35

Hi Kara.

Ive studied computer engineering and all i can say is that there is no computer languaje that could change your thoughts about math, much less java. All the suffering with math and related subjects will come the first year. If you pass the first year subjects you have 50% of the career done. Computer programming and maths are not usually related unless you program certain algorithms with complex math operations (like physic solvers) or other operations with maths involved. Most desktop applicactions dont require advanced maths skills to be programmed. Maybe you will not even need to add numbers Smile

Anyway i wish you luck if you start the studies, if you really like it you will enjoy like a child with new toys. There will be suffering too, but without suffering there is no reward Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumiko

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 14:41

Dunno why you moan about maths Smile it's eeez Smile I'm also studying computer science Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 15:47

i have never come in contact with higher maths and that scares me off. and if i fail in that point its just wasted time.
i don't know why i'm scared. i did most of my things in the last years with grade A ... easy with almost no effort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepp

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 21:19

You should know of yourself if you are capable of thinking logically and solving analytical problems well. There is no actual difference between elementary math and high-level math, it depends on how you were able to understand the problems behind the elementary math. And if you think you did well in understanding, you will also do well in understanding more difficult problems. The only difference is the effort you have to put in, and that shouldn't really be the issue here.

According to your grades it shouldn't be much of a problem. Like I said, studying something related to computer science and information technology is probably one of the best things you could do. It's a crisis-proof topic, and having studied one of those will become important very soon in order to find >safe< jobs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hrmmm.....   

Back to top Go down

hrmmm.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion Of Light :: [LOL] Public Forum :: General Discussion / Off Topic-
Jump to: